This recipe is a classic “one-size-fits-all” because it works with most fruits (you can even mix and match). It’s GREAT for this time of year when fruit is plentiful and in danger of going to waste. It is also yummy!! I picked up a small jar of apricot jam in the store (not even very tasty) and the price was $4.79! That decided it for me. That evening my family and I spent 20 minutes picking apricots from the neighbor’s tree, and my daughter and I had it in the freezer in moments. There is no cooking, no pectin, and no stress!
You’ll need a good blender (one speck of “pulp” and my children gag), and a favorite product of mine: Instant Clear Jel. I’m SO glad I have this recipe. So far I’ve used it with strawberries (Oh MY!), peaches, and apricots. I’m anxious to try it with plums and raspberries. Oh my goodness this is tasty stuff!
- Be sure to mix Clear Jel with the sugar before adding to fruit (and be sure the Clear Jel’s instant).
- It’s not necessary to peel the fruit ( I did with the peaches, but not with the apricots).
- The peach and apricot jam darkens a little when storing in fridge during use. I haven’t tried this, but I’ll bet a little lemon juice can be added to remedy that.
FIVE MINUTE FREEZER JAM
- YIELD: 1 1/2 quarts
Lightning fast and easy to make. Tastes fresh and yummy. No cooking!
- Wash and prepare fruit.
- Place fruit in blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir together sugar and Instant Clear Jel in a separate bowl.
- Add corn syrup and sugar mixture to blender contents. Blend together.
- Pour in freezer safe bags or containers and freeze. Done!
- COURSE: Sauces and Spreads
- SKILL LEVEL: Beginner