Quick Tip – Homemade Bisquick
VERY convenient! Use in recipes or to whip up a batch of speedy biscuits. Customize it with whole wheat flour instead of white, if desired. Can be made with all Thrive ingredients!
- YIELD: 7 cups
- PREP: 20 mins
- COOK: 15 mins
- READY IN: 35 mins
Tasty mix for use in recipes or speedy biscuit baking!
- 6 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
- Use in favorite recipes (see “breakfast cupcakes”) or stir in milk to make biscuit dough. (4 1/2 cups mix to 1 1/3 c. milk – makes 2 dozen)
- For biscuits, bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- COURSE: Breads
- SKILL LEVEL: Easy