Thrive Black Bean Salsa
I want to share an amazing recipe from Chef Todd Leonard. This looked so colorful and tasty to me, I decided to try it right away. Kachow!
SO delicious!! I soon gave up on the chips and started eating it with a spoon.
Of course the only way to improve on “delicious” is with “nutritious”. Do I even have to spell it out? Black beans (one of those miracle foods), peppers, tomatoes, corn, lime……Who knew it could be SO enjoyable to fight cancer and build immunity?! This dish is an arsenal of nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants.
Are you starting to comprehend the possibilities of Thrive foods? They are as versatile and nutritious as fresh! Just wait until you taste this!
Quick Tip: How to cook black beans
BLACK BEAN SALSA
- YIELD: Approx. 6 cups
- PREP: 15 mins
Chef Todd Leonard’s absolutely delicious version of Black Bean Salsa. Colorful, VERY refreshing, and so good for you! Use as a dip, topping for chicken or fish, or as a side salad.
- 1/4 cup Thrive green chili peppers
- 1/4 cup Thrive green peppers
- 1 cup Thrive red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Thrive chopped onions
- 1/2 cup Thrive sweet corn
- 2 cups Thrive black beans cooked
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup V8 vegetable juice
- 1 1/2 limes juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup Thrive tomato dices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the dry chilies, red and green peppers, onions, and corn in a bowl and pour just enough warm water over them to barely cover them.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, stirring twice during process. Drain extra water and add back into salsa if not more than 1/2 cup.
- Mix all ingredients together and add the tomato dices last, folding in lightly to reconstitute.
- Let salsa sit for a couple of hours before serving.
- COURSE: Side Dish
- SKILL LEVEL: Easy